At some point, we’ve all felt as though our smile is lacking whiter teeth. It’s no secret that all the beautiful celebrities we see with perfectly white teeth get them done. Brushing and flossing is a regular way to keep your teeth clean and bright. But what is it is still a little discoloured or yellow? Well, there are ways to fix that issue. Here’s a guide to teeth whitening.
Reasons for Discolouration
- One of the biggest factors that affect the colour of our teeth is food and drink. Beverages such as coffee, wine and tea tend to stain the teeth very quickly. All the beverages mentioned, have a deep pigment known as chromogens which have a tendency to quickly stain the enamel of your teeth.
- Constant use of tobacco causes discolouration of the teeth as well. The basic substances of tobaccos include nicotine and tar. While tar is naturally dark in colour, nicotine when mixed with oxygen creates a staining substance that has a yellow hue. Tar and nicotine therefore can quickly stain your teeth.
- A lot of medicines can also be the cause for teeth discolouration. Antibiotics, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure pills and medications have chemicals in them that cause staining of the enamel. Chemotherapy and radiation done on the head and neck area can also lead to discolouration of the teeth.
- Trauma caused by an accident or physical fights that impact the teeth leads to them becoming darker. Moreover, with age, the outer enamel of the teeth sheds off from brushing and the inner dentin appears which is naturally darker in colour.
Teeth Whitening Options
- Special toothpastes are one of the easiest and widely available options to whiten teeth. While most toothpastes are formulated to mildly remove basic teeth stains, there are some that come with a ADA Seal of Acceptance particularly for stain removal. These pastes come with an added benefit of teeth polishing agents. These polishes are safe and are more effective when it comes to removing teeth stains.
- If you want a proper orthodontic treatment for stubborn stains, you can try the chairside bleaching procedure. For this treatment, you need to take an appointment at your dentist’s clinic. The procedure is completed a single visit to the dentist. The dentist uses a teeth safe bleach to whiten the teeth.
- If you don’t want to spend a lot of time at the dentist’s you can ask your dentist to prescribe an at-home bleaching solution. The dentist will give you a tray that is designed specifically for at-home bleaching. They will also give you a set of instructions that explain how to use the tray and other components. This process takes anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. If you plan to use over-the counter products, it is best to consult your dentist before using the product.
Choosing the right option depends on the intensity of the discolouration. While there are no major side effects to any of the options, there are chances your teeth might feel sensitive after teeth whitening. This sensitivity is temporal and if it is unbearable, consulting your dentist immediately is the best thing to do. You can break your treatment into parts if the sensitivity irritates you a little too much.
Address:17200 N May Ave Suite 300,
Phone: (405) 330-9911
What are the main differences between a dentist and an orthodontist in Edmond? Do they offer the same services or is there any difference between the two? If you are keen on finding answers for the same, it would be a good idea to spend some time going through this article. We will try and offer some basic insight into orthodontic treatment so that the readers are able to get the right perception about it. Put in plain and simple words, when we talk about orthodontics, we are referring to that branch of dentistry that gives the solution to malocclusion. This is a condition where the teeth do not get correctly positioned when the mouth is closed. This could lead to a number of problems and could lead to an improper bite. These professionals could help to set this problem right by aligning the teeth and putting them back in the right position. Apart from the above, they also help in the regular tasks of a dentist. These include cleaning and polishing of teeth, treating decayed teeth, teeth extraction and so on. We will try and have a look at some specific areas where the role of these professionals is considered to be very important. The treatment that they offer could be cosmetic and also something that can help in the overall function of the mouth and oral cavity.
Implanting Of Braces
Implanting braces is considered to be one of the most common functions of orthodontists. The braces are extremely important when it comes to straightening teeth. They could be helpful in closing the wide gaps between the teeth. This could improve the overall appearance and looks of the teeth. It also could be used to align the tips of the teeth and also for straightening crooked teeth. Use of braces carefully could also go a long way in improving chewing ability and also improving speech quite significantly. They also can play a positive role in boosting the long term strength, durability, and health of teeth and gums. Braces are also used for preventing wear and tear of teeth and unwanted trauma that could be damaging. Many people suffer from an improper bite and the same may also be treated properly with the help of these braces.
How To Get Started
Once you have visited a good orthodontist and have had braces installed, then you should know how to make good use of it. You are supposed to have the right kind of dental and oral hygiene habits and much more. There is no doubt that there are a number of advantages of visiting a good orthodontist.
How To Select The Right Professionals
With so many orthodontists around, you have to do your research and then choose the right professional. This would call for understanding more about their qualifications, experience, expertise, and other such attributes. The quality of the clinic that they have the reputation they enjoy and other such things should also be taken into account. Hence, at the end of the day, there is no denying the fact that it makes a lot of sense to visit a good orthodontist in case you have problems of misaligned teeth, crooked teeth, chipped teeth, crowded and much more.
Address:17200 N May Ave Suite 300,Edmond, OK
Phone: (405) 330-9911
Are you from Oklahoma and trying to identify the right orthodontist in your city? If yes, please spend a few minutes going through this article. You will certainly be able to get a few valuable and important points that will help you to identify the right professional. The city is flooded with dozens of dentists and many of them are renowned orthodontists also. This makes your task quite tough and therefore we are sure that the information that is shared over the next few lines could be helpful in more ways than one.
The Services They Offer
Renowned, experienced and successful orthodontists are known to offer a wide variety of services. They would most certainly not restrict their services to one or two areas. For examples, a good orthodontist in this city would in all probability be in a position to offer the best of Invisalign services while handling the specific needs of kids for their ortho-dental problem. You would do well to stay away from orthodontists who offer only one or two services. This is perhaps one of the most important attributes that separate a good orthodontist from the not so good one.
Team And Infrastructure
Any orthodontist clinic in Oklahoma is as good or bad as the team and infrastructure that they offer. There is no doubt that orthodontic procedures are quite complex and it has to be handled only by a professional and experienced team of individuals. You must, therefore, spend some time getting to know more about the kind of facilities that they have. Further, you must also be sure that the patients and their procedures are being handled by qualified, professional and experienced individuals. Some of the best orthodontists in town list down the names, qualifications and other such details of their team. Further, the websites will also be generous about the kind of facilities and infrastructure that they offer to customers.
You must try and find out if the orthodontists who you are planning to hire offer consultations. This is important because of a few reasons. Before jumping into treatment and ending up spending big money, you must be sure about the outcome and prognosis of the treatment and procedures. Professional orthodontists may charge a few bucks but they will offer honest and transparent consultations and let you know as to what you can expect from such procedures.
When Should You Visit Orthodontist
There are many reasons why we could be visiting an orthodontist. In many cases, their services are required for improving the structures and aesthetics of your denture. Children, in particular, should be taken to an orthodontist before he or she reaches seven years of age. Most children visit these professionals when they are in the age band of 9 to 14. Adults belonging to the age group of 26 to 44 are also seen visiting these dental professionals because of obvious looks. They would like to look good at all points in time.
Hence you must take into account quite a few factors and then decide as to who is the best Kids orthodontist in OKC. It is a process that will take time and you must not shy away from going through the due diligence process.
Address:717 S I-35 Service Rd